Kirtan Globe Retreat, India: 13-20th Oct 2019
This retreat is perfect for people new to yoga, kirtan and bhakti wisdom as well as those already experienced. It provides a sacred space for you to relax and rejuvenate in the serene and untouched foothills of the Sahyadri mountains, just a two hours drive from Mumbai. Meet other kirtan lovers from around the world as our Kirtan Globe family comes together for an immersive experience. Activities will include yoga, meditation, cooking, pottery making, lots of kirtan, and much more!
The pristine location of Govardhan Ecovillage – one of the top ten biodiversity hotspots in the world – is the ideal place for the yogic to unwind and transform into a different being. The uniqueness of the Ecovillage lies in the fact that it greatly integrates the principles of a primitive Vedic world of an ideal human life and contemporary sustainable technology.
For thousands of years people have traveled to India in search of answers to life’s deepest mysteries. India has a way of reawakening your senses so that you can dive deeper into the meaning of life. What better way to experience this than through the lens of what we love: YOGA, KIRTAN, BHAKTI and ADVENTURE!
WHEN: 13th – 20th October 2019
WHERE: Govardhan Ecovillage, Maharashtra INDIA
EARLYBIRD PRICE: From £799* until 1st May (excl. flights) (Conversion applicable for other countries of residence)
A deposit of £300 for a shared room or £500 for a private room will confirm your place on the retreat.
Deposit is fully refundable before 1st August 2019. (Any cancellations will incur admin fees of £75).
Final payment is due by 1st August 2019 (after 1st August tickets are non-refundable).
To read the full T&Cs of this retreat, continue on to Section 4 “Terms & Conditions” of this form.
DAILY SCHEDULE (subject to change):
05:30 Yoga (1 hour)
06:30 Morning meditation
09:30 Bhakti wisdom session
11:00 Optional Yoga (45 mins)
12:00 Optional Kirtan
15:00 Activity: (pottery making, sattvic vegan cooking, mountain trek etc.)
18:00 Candle offerings
20:00 Moonlight Kirtan
21:30 Yoga Nidra (20 mins)
We will also be spending one day outside of the Govardhan Ecovillage visiting some beautiful sights near the village.
Please contact us at [email protected] if you have any questions or would like more information on this retreat.
Kirtan London Retreat Team
*includes airport transfer, all meals, accommodation for 7 nights plus all activities
**over 18s only
The Luxe Forest Cabins, a new addition at the Govardhan Ecovillage are set in lush green forest areas of the retreat. Each luxury tent accommodates two with a personal writing desk, a private wardrobe and an attached shower room with independent cabinet shelves for each person sharing the space. With pine wood interiors, each of the bed comes with a canopy that allows privacy within each of the living space. The Luxe Forest Cabins are air-conditioned for the summer months and heated for winters. Enjoy the serene sounds of wilderness sitting on the porch or meditate to the calmness of the fresh breeze touching your soul.
You have the option of staying in a shared room or if you prefer solitude then you may choose to stay in a private room.
Visa, Flight Information and Travel Insurance
Before travelling to India please ensure you have a valid visa. There are various visas available, such as e-Tourist visa and multiple entry visas. Our recommendation is to apply for an e-Tourist visa, which is valid for 60 days from the date of entry into India.
To apply for an Indian visa, follow this link: https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/index.html
Please read all information on the website carefully. Should you require any assistance, a member of our team will be happy to help!
*PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK ALL YOUR DETAILS BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR VISA APPLICATION.*
The address while we are in India is:
Galtare, P.O. Hamrapur, Wada Taluka
421 303, India
When booking your flights to Mumbai please ensure you arrive on 13th October 2019 by 12pm.
Two coaches will depart from Mumbai Airport to take you to the Govardhan Ecovillage: the first at 10am, the second at 2pm so please ensure your flight arrives before 12pm on 13th October. (This may mean that your outbound flight may need to depart on 12th October).
If you require transport back to Mumbai Airport on 20th October, please ensure you book your return flight for AFTER 9am, as the coach will reach the airport by approximately 7am.
***Once you have booked your flights, please send an email to [email protected] with your flight details.***
Please ensure you have valid travel insurance during your stay with us on the retreat, and remember to bring the necessary documents with you. If you require any help acquiring travel insurance, just let us know!
Terms and Conditions
- You (the person completing this form) agree that you will not bring any claim personally or otherwise, against the organisers, facilitators, hosts of Kirtan Globe in respect of any loss or injury you suffer in connection with your stay (including travel, food consumption, and activities organised). Please ensure that you inform the organisers of any medical, or psychological conditions, and allergies in advance of the stay.
- Physical Activities
- You warrant that you are in overall good general health and that all travel and activities you participate in, which include, but are not confined to, the following, are undertaken at your own risk and you accept full responsibility:
- Physical activities including walking/gentle hiking, non-combative martial arts tasters, cardio/fitness or other similar activities.
- Other activities include yoga, workshops, life-coaching, meditation or similar activities.
- You agree not to bring any claim against the organisers, facilitators and hosts of this event in relation to the above.
- You may not solicit any participants from the Kirtan Globe retreats for your own benefit, or the benefit of a competitor, during or after the retreat, including adding participants to online/offline groups without the organiser’s prior consent.
- You confirm you have arranged your own medical/travel insurance to cover all usual medical/travel and related insurance eventualities during your travel to/from and during the retreat.
- You are responsible for any personal belongings, money, valuables which are brought on to the retreat.
- Any cancellations before 1st August 2019 will receive a full refund but will incur admin fees in the amount of £75. Any cancellations on or after 1st August 2019 are non-refundable. Tickets are also non-transferable. Exceptions to our policy cannot be made for any reason. We do not offer credit for arriving late or leaving early.
- The organisers, Kirtan Globe, are not responsible for your expenses incurred in preparation for any cancelled retreat, such as airline tickets, loss of work, visas and/or other costs associated with preparing for your trip. There is no exception to the cancellation policy including weather or personal emergencies, flight cancellations or delays. If we must cancel a retreat, there will be 100% refund on all funds received to date (except £75 admin fees).